Thursday, September 24, 2009

Before & After: The Blue Chair


Before - the sad blue castaway chair

I found this vintage chair at a yard sale about 2 weeks ago. The chair was structurally solid and the cushions were in great shape. I loved the vibrant blue paint but the black denim pinstriped fabric had to go. The man selling the chair was amazed that I was able to make it fit in my Prius. "Never underestimate a woman who's thrifting," I said with a smile as I closed the hatch on my car. I brought the chair home and spent the afternoon making new cushion covers from a stash of blue toile I'd picked up at Goodwill a few months back. The thrifted fabric matched perfectly and it turns out to be a rather smart looking piece of furniture. A few days later, I popped it back into my car and took it to my antique booth at the Greenwood Country Store to resell. I think it will make a lovely addition to someones home. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?


After - the chair is much more cheerful now
!

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice! You worked wonders, Leslie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I loved this project and hope to find more cataways to revamp and find a new home for. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin