Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ah, September


The crispness in the air whispers to me, "September is here." My favorite month! It's always been my favorite, for so many reasons. The biggie; my birthday is later this month. Every year I'm like an anxious child waiting for my special day to arrive. It also means the beginning of Fall. I grew up in the mountains of Southwestern Pennsylvania where September brought a chill to the evening air. Here in Virginia it's pretty much the same story. I love watching the seasons change here, especially spring and fall.

September always brings with it a flood of community events like county fairs, arts & craft shows and fall festivals. I love hitting as many of these as I can. It's a great way to show your support for handmade artisans. Good food, people watching, fall colors -- some of our favorite family outings happen in the fall.

About a week ago, I found out it was also National Honey Month. Sweet! You have to check out the honey bear in the classics series – they are too cute. And, just when I was looking for an excuse to spend more time with my Janome, it's National Sewing Month. Perfect timing. I have a dozen summer sewing projects I need to complete. I went looking and found a rather long list of all the national month events for our beloved ninth month. Some of them are pretty interesting and unusual; so I thought, why not chose different national month themes and post on them throughout September? Let's have some fun. After all, it is Nat'l Be Kind to Writers month.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie!Haven't seen the movie yet, but I really want to!...maybe tonight??? My B-day is also at the end of this month, the 26 to be exact. Cheers for "September Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First all all I would like to say Happy Birthday! ahead of time. My birthday is in September as well! I also love the crisp fall weather. It's perfect for enjoying all types of outdoor activities without the heat and humidity of the typical NYC summer here. Happy sewing Leslie and happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leslie - a big Happy B-day to you too...mines on the 15th - see September IS the BEST month - just look at all of us junk lovin, creative girls :)
    Love that honey VanGogh picture....cute!!
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, there are SO many of us September babies! Mine is the 27th and it's coming fast. I want to wish all of you a very special Happy Birthday. Maybe we should all eat an extra piece of cake for one another, you know...just to really show how much we care? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin