Saturday, February 21, 2009

Promising Pink


With springtime just around the corner, I've started gathering inspiration for our garden and happened onto this bit of loveliness. Pink Promise is the official rose of the American Breast Cancer foundation, with a portion of every sale going to this worthy cause. It's a hybrid tea, which I've historically not had great luck with given our over abundance of dreaded japanese beetles. But this one's worth a try. I think the subtle pink petals with dark green foliage is such a quietly dramatic look. And I like the idea of enjoying 5" fragrant blooms all summer while helping fund the cure.

1 comment:

  1. loyal reader says: this rose is beautiful!
    Leslie responds: I agree, thanks for commenting.
    loyal reader responds: Of course, I read your blog everyday and always comment!
    Leslie reponds: you are such a wonderful reciprocal blogger, thanks so much for your support.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin