Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mimosa for everyone

Ah the delicious Mimosa, it's not just for breakfast anymore! Pantone, the global authority on color standards, has named Mimosa as the color of 2009. Their reasoning, "Mimosa embodies hopefulness and reassurance in a climate of change." Last year's color blue iris was an equally intense color but had a very different feel. I'm not much on blue in general, I only used blue iris on one retail design piece last year. I really dug chili pepper, which was 2007's sweetheart. For all you designers and color-geeks, pantone started this yearly award in 2007; though they did chose a color of the millenium in '99 and one in '05 which you can read about here. I have to say I'm pretty excited about Mimosa. It does carry with it's sunny exterior an edge of urgency and a welcoming call to action. Cheers ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin