Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blue Moon


Art Print by Jaime Best, BestArtStudios2 available on etsy

It's been 20 years since a blue moon fell on New Years Eve. I remember it well. My husband and I went on our first date that night, New Years Eve 1990. I remember us looking up at it on that very chilly night and remarking about how especially bright it was. I understand scientifically it really wasn't any brighter than any other full moon. I'm guessing it was the company. ;-) Now here we are on the brink of closing out the first decade in a new century. It all seems more than our romantically-inclined minds could have comprehended back then. But for us, a blue moon will always be magical, especially when it falls on the last night of the year. This is two for us love. I'm looking forward to celebrating it with you the next time it rolls around in 2028!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Leslie!! Hope you had a great time ringing in the New Year. Wishing you and your family a wonderful year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elisa! I can always count on you to cheer me on & wish me well. Thanks so much for your friendship. It's been a really difficult month so far and I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your kinds words. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin