Monday, October 26, 2009

Grinding Sea Salt


I picked up a container of Reese Coarse Sea Salt at a discount grocery store this weekend. A serious bargain at just 99¢! I made the jump from regular table salt to sea salt about 5 years ago and haven't looked back. The flavor just can't be beat. I use it for cooking, baking, in my shakers...everything. But be warned, the folks at Reese aren't kidding when they label this coarse. This stuff is really chunky. Too chunky in fact for my personal liking, so I popped it into the blender and ground this sparkly goodness down to a more manageable size. Now it will easily fit in my salt shakers. Though I understand shakers are out and salt pigs are in. Whatever. It seems the extra-coarse salt isn't selling as well at grocery stores and many are slashing prices. So if you see a good bargain on the chunky stuff, go for it. You can grind it down for everyday use pretty easily with a blender. And I would imagine a food processor would work even better.

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin