Friday, October 9, 2009

Four Trees


I sat on the bank of a lake looking at a tiny island near the middle. On that island, I saw four trees growing closely together. I could see the clear lake wrapped around the island and the colorful mountains surrounding the lake. Yet my eyes returned lovingly to these four trees; beholding them as the most precious sight before me. They are a part of the world around them, yet so separated from it; isolated on that little patch of land in the middle of the water. Each of the four, growing independently, seemed to draw strength from the others. The treetops were hard to distinguish one from another as they visually blended into a dance of limbs and leaves. When storms come and the wind gathers itself across the expanse of the water, the trees stand together to take the hit. The force is absorbed and the stress is less on each tree because they bear the brunt together. I was reminded that there is nothing to fear. God's beauty in nature is all around us. Every moment, every molecule, every thing. If you want to hear God, you have to listen. You have to create a space where He can enter in. That space is called your heart. I am grateful for the lessons that I continue to learn. I am thankful for healing through times of great stress, trouble and loss. And I am thrilled when wisdom and acceptance are lovingly penned into my heart through scenes like this one.

2 comments:

  1. Leslie, this is absolutely beautiful.
    The sketch, the words...the truth.
    Thanks for allowing God to pour into my soul through you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, this is so inspiring. Although life is not always easy I am so grateful for all I have and feel blessed to be alive. Thanks for this wonderful post that reminds me of all the beauty in life. Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin