Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Gift of Clean


It's been a wonderful Mother's Day. I've been showered with handmade cards, breakfast out, perennials for my flowerbed and my favorite – hugs, hugs and more hugs. I thought about my first Mother's Day, now 11 years ago, which seems more like 100. A brand new tiny person that's now almost as tall as I am. And my baby who's not even close to being a baby anymore. I think about my Mom, whose baby is almost 40. All the things that she did and still does for us, she's always busy. I suppose I didn't far fall from the tree. Even today, I am doing chores just like any other day. Why is it that chores never go on holiday? I started cleaning the windows and noticed I was running low on window cleaner. Time to whip up another batch! As I was mixing it all together, I thought it might be fun to share my recipe with you. I really like this stuff and it's a much less expensive option than what you'll find at the store. Not to mention it's earth, human and pet-friendly and smells fabulous - enjoy!

Lemon-Mint Window Cleaner
2 cups water or club soda
Juice of one fresh lemon (though you can substitute bottled pure lemon juice)
1/2 teaspoon peppermint essential oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch

Mix all ingredients and pour into a plastic spray bottle. Shake well before you use it each time as ingredients may settle. Consider reusing newspaper or lint-free cotton rags to clean your windows, rather than paper towels.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I'll definitely check it out. I make my own household cleaner with baking soda, castile soap, and tea tree or lavender essential oil.

    Happy Mother's Day, chica.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin